VIEW THE GUIDE FOR SMALL BUSINESS GRANTS APPLICATION FORM
At any moment, you can view or download the user guide in the language of your choice. You can continue to complete your form in the main window while referring to the guide in an additional window.
Click on one of the following buttons to view the user guide in the language of your choice. The guide will be opened in a new window.
USAID Tunisia JOBS intends to award grants to assist small businesses (under 20 employees) impacted by COVID-19 to recover and/or expand sales and operations and re-hire, sustain, or add employees. Grant funds will help to cover equipment and working capital needs, e.g. raw materials, rental of facilities, services/utilities required to run the business, etc. Grant funds may not be used for activities that may be harmful to the environment, or for the following items - salaries, construction or infrastructure activities, telecommunications and related IT equipment, purchases made prior to the grant, prior debts, or restricted or prohibited goods. A complete list of these items may be found here .
Small grants will not exceed TND 25,000. JOBS anticipates awarding up to 200 grants.
70% of the award will be disbursed at the time of signing the grant agreement with the submission of a grant implementation plan (based on a template provided by JOBS). The grant implementation plan, combined with the grant application, will serve as a detailed business plan to promote post-COVID-19 recovery. The remaining 30% of the award will be disbursed following the submission of a final report including photos and supporting documentation detailing the results of the grant.
The maximum duration of a grant activity is four months.
Businesses that meet the following conditions may apply:
- Is a registered business with 100% Tunisian ownership and capital
- Must be registered for at least one year from application date
- Must have less than 20 employees
- Is in compliance with Tunisian civil, fiscal, and environmental regulations and is free from excessive debt (the debt to asset ratio is less than 75%)
- Has not received a grant from an international donor in the past six months
- Is not a current JOBS partner (does not have a signed partnership agreement or a pre-feasibility assessment with JOBS)
- COVID-19 has negatively impacted the financial situation of the business through at least a 25% decrease in sales or loss of at least 25% of employees
JOBS will select awards based on the following criteria:
- Potential to increase sales and/or recover, sustain, or add new jobs as a result of the grant
- Potential to obtain additional means of financing as a result of the grant
- Location of business in underserved and interior regions of Tunisia (priority will be given to businesses in Medenine, Tataouine, Tozeur, Kébili, Mahdia, Kef, Gafsa, Zaghouan, Siliana, Beja, Sidi Bouzid, Jendouba, Kairouan, and Kasserine)
- Priority will be given to women-owned businesses, and businesses employing women and youth (ages 18-25)
- Priority will be given to businesses producing essential goods and services to combat the COVID-19 pandemic
Please keep in mind the following information when submitting your application:
- Applications must be submitted prior to the deadline of October 31, 2020 (24:00 local Tunis time).
- Questions may be submitted by September 30, 2020 by clicking the button at the top of this page. JOBS will post answers to questions received by the question deadline on this page by October 6, 2020. Phone calls, and/or emails regarding the applications will not be answered
- Interested businesses may only submit one application. An owner with multiple businesses may only submit one application. Only one business per business group may submit an application
- The person who submits the application should be an authorized representative of the company
- Applications may be submitted in English, French, or Arabic
- An email address is required to create a username and password for the online application. We will use this email address to notify applicants of the result of the application
- Please note that while evaluating the application, JOBS may conduct a site visit to the business to verify information submitted in the application
- Following application review, applicants will be advised in writing if the application has been accepted for a grant or if a decision has been reached not to fund the application
There are a total of 13 sections within the application form. Please note that for each section, once you submit it, you will not be able to go back and modify information in this section. Each section that has been submitted will be saved until the application is complete. You may log out and return to the application as many times as needed to complete all the sections, prior to the due date of October 21, 2020.
Tunisia JOBS confirms that all applications and information submitted as part of this grant application will be kept confidential. Information submitted will be used only for purposes of determining awards. The information contained in an application will be protected by Tunisia JOBS from unauthorized disclosure.